Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm a Granny!

My daughter had a son New Year's Eve! She and her husband kept quiet about her being in labor so for the rest of us it happened really fast. I had a feeling they'd do that.

Unfortunately I have been so sick with the flu that I haven't been able to hold my little guy yet. On his "birthday" I saw him through the glass when he was in the nursery and today (he's three days old) I went to their house but had to stay several feet away from him. Hopefully in two more days I'll be over this awful flu and get to love on him. His other granny is filling in for me and I have to admit to being a bit jealous. But she and I are good friends so it really is ok. I hadn't been sick in FIVE YEARS and then blam! Whatever I have is awful. And I had a flu shot!

No comments: