Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Chapter Ends/Begins?


For the last seven and a half months I've watched my grandson whenever my daughter was working. Today was my last regular day watching him (other than a few hours Saturday mornings) because he's going to daycare starting next week. Like a posted on facebook, "In a way I'm (sort of) glad it's over . . . in another way it turns me inside out." Watching him was an absolute joy; the realization of a dream.

I know he needs to be around other children and in a learning environment. The daycare is wonderful. But nobody can love him like his Granny. And I'm really, really sad.

This is him and "Pops" walking the dogs --- he always "holds" the leash. That's been their daily routine. The baby loves Pops more than any one other than his Mommy. Pops is probably really, really sad too. But he's at work. He's not listening to country music and crying crocodile tears. He might in the morning when he walks the dogs.

No comments: